One of the ways of increasing your storeâ€™s online conversions and sales is making it easy for customers to pay. You should concentrate on the design and functionality of the checkout page to encourage closing sales.
The easier your checkout process is, the greater your conversions will be. Below are seven ways through which you can increase conversions on the checkout page:
1. Make it easy for customers to buy your products by providing multiple payment options. In particular, allow credit card and other payment options used by the majority of your target market.
2. Enable customers to check out without having to create an account. Requiring mandatory registration increases the friction to purchasing.
3. Your checkout page should have the same design as your overall website. Donâ€™t make customers feel as if they are on a different site when checking out. Customers trust your brand and redirecting them to another website to purchase can make them abandon the checkout process.
4. Make it easy for customers to fix errors when shopping on your site. Enable editing of items on the cart. Also, auto-fill the information for returning customers. You can track a customerâ€™s activities using cookies.
5. Only ask for the bare minimum information from customers. Usually, the customerâ€™s name, contact information and shipping address is enough. The more information you ask for, the lower your conversions will be.
6. Eliminate distractions on your checkout page. Keep the customer focused on completing the checkout process. For example, do not advertise other products on the checkout page.
7. Customers want to be sure that the information they provide on your website is safe. Provide reassurance on security and privacy by using SSL certificates. If you are processing credit card payments online, you should be PCI-compliant.