What Does 6 Google Stats Reveal to Marketers?
No matter how good Foursquare and Yelp are when it comes to local searches, Google still tops the list for finding local businesses. From the search engine everyone knows about the numerous apps Google has to help users find the bestlocation for whatthey need. It is important that every marketer knows how to get the most out of their campaigns.
Google Stats Revealed!
Here are 6 stats that illustrate just how much users rely on Google:
- Users access local information for roughly 20% of all Google searches
- 20% of Google searches are equivalent to 600 million searches every single day.
- Google GPS provides users with alternate routes in traffic and averages its users 2 years a day in time saved from sitting in traffic.
- Over 150 million users currently have Google Maps accounts
- Roughly 40% of all uses of Google Maps are done on mobiles
- Over 3 million ratings have been given for Google Hotpot.
Is your business on Google yet?
The first two stats alone illustrate just how much users have come to rely on Google. If you are a marketer, these stats should show you what kinds of opportunities you still have with the most used search engine. It isnâ€™t just loyalty that keeps users coming back.
Google is known for being more reliable than most other GPS apps and in finding the right restaurant, gas station or even bathroom when needed. Even if it isnâ€™t always the first stop, it is the generally the last one.
Marketers canâ€™t overlook Google!
If you want to bring in more customers, you cannot overlook Google for online local marketing. Taking the time to familiarize yourself and teams with best practices allows your company to tap into that wealth of potential.